Moving abroad can be difficult to adjust to, but you know what might be even more difficult? Everything that needs to be done before moving day arrives.
Don’t worry, Salisbury Group Asia has found a great resource for anyone moving abroad, whether you’re moving to Thailand or any other country. Here’s a small snippet of a checklist compiled by ExpatInfoDesk, which will help you along with the process:
90 Days Before Departure
- Book your air tickets and hotels if they are required.
- Inform your children’s school that you will be moving abroad and ask for transfer certificates and any information which will be relevant when you move.
- Check quarantine requirements in your destination country and arrange pet relocation.
- Inquire about our professional moving companies and ask for their quotes.
- Create a folder with all hard copies and paperwork of the important documents and create a file on your computer for all of your saved files. Check the documentation requirements for the country you are moving to. Many countries require that official paperwork is certified before it can be accepted. See the individual city guide for more information.
- Make a checklist of all packing boxes and what will go in each one.
See the full checklist broken down by time before departure.
Looking for more resources to help you in your move overseas? Take a look at the 5 important questions to ask yourself while packing to help you determine what to take, and what to leave behind.